Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of

From watching Eli Pariser's TED talk on Filter Bubbles made me realize that filter bubbles are almost used on just about any site. I didn't even know this was happening until it was brought upon my attention from Dr. Preston today. And to be honest I feel a bit appalled. The internet should allow us to think for our selves. It shouldn't be able to think for us. To stop this from happening we can try and manipulate the filters the search engine uses to whatever fits us best at the moment.
I didn't find much to change in the filter on the google search engine except for putting in specific words gave me different results.
With the new search I found out that Shakespeare lived during the Elizabeth age and The English Renaissance. I also found out that Williams father was a tenant farmer. After reading up a lot more I noticed that it seems as if Shakespeare stole a lot of plots from original stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment